onsdag 13. juli 2011

Whish you were here

Correction: Wish I were there!!
I'm thinking about the reunion in 2005. I knew for a while that Pink Floyd would have this reunion at Live 8, in London, but I don't know why I didn't go. Instead I sat at home in front of the tv for 9 hours straight, to wait for Pink Floyd! It was around 00.00 they got on stage.

And did I cry? YES!
When I saw Roger, David, Richard and Nick get on the stage, the world stopped (at least mine did), and they were playing four songs (Breathe +breathe reprise, money, wish you were here and comfortably numb). I have to say that they choose the perfect songs for an occation as this! The Live 8 is to 'make powerty history'.

"Money"

Anyway, little did all the Pink Floyd fans that this reunion would be the last. I at least thought that since they did this show, they maybe would consider to do a tour together one more time.
But then.. Three years later, the lovely Richard William Wright passed away (may him rest in peace). A sad news for all the fans..

Richard is of course the one far right, but you probably all know that ;)

I'm actually still hoping for to see a show with Roger, David and Nick, but I'll just have to wait and see. And for all of you lucky people who got to see the "The Wall" show in London, when both David and Nick apperaed: You lucky bastards!!! 
After the show in London 2011..

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar