tirsdag 17. juli 2012

Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a pict

This title makes me giggles every time I see it. There are so many words, no commas or dot or nada. Just 16 words in a row. Try to read the title very fast 3 times in a row. That's quite hard I tell you!
Anyhow.. The song (not even sure I can call it a song. Let's say track!) is on the wonderful album "Ummagumma", which is one of my favorite Floyd albums (I'm sure I could say that about any Floyd album. Exept "More". Not a big fan. Neither "Division bell" or "A momentary lapse of reason". And that's just cause' I'm a Roger Waters girl). But this album is amazing! That's what I'm trying to say! It is a two disc album. One dick is live and the other is not. This song is not played live. I think, at that time, that it would be impossible to performe this song live. But what do I know?!



This track is one of Roger's masterpieces. The seventh song on the album is Waters' humorous sound collage which suggest Pinky and Perky on acid. Various voices are sped up and slowed down in a series of tape loops. Many listeners, include me, assumed that this track was completed with the assistance of Ron Geesin. That is because he was doing similar performance art at the time, but he later confirmed tha he had no direct input into this piece.



All in all it's just another great track! If you don't like it, too bad for you. This is some of the crazyness I'm often refering too.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar