tirsdag 15. mai 2012

The Wall The Movie


This movie is of course one of my favourites! I've been watching it at least 100 times, but I never get sick of it. The movie is so special, and you always notice something new every time you watch it over again. The first time I saw it, I almost felt it was kinda' scary.. Or maybe not scary, but a bit uncomfortable to watch. There were scenes I put big question marks to, cause I could not figure out what they ment!! Therefor I watched it over and over again, and I've been reading a lot about the movie, to try to get a picture of what every scene is meaning. 

The Wall needs to be built before you can tear it down! 
Tear down the fucking wall!

Today I will put up some fun facts from the movie, which I found in Gerald Scarfe's book. It's not so much about the meaning of the film, but how the film came to be.

When Pink is young, he is looking throug his fathers drawer. His father was killed in the second world war (the same thing that happend to Roger Waters father).

When they needed someone to write the movie script, Gerald suggested that Roald Dahl could write it. Gerald was a big fan of Dahl. Gerald went to see Roald, because both Nick and Roger weren’t sure so it was ok by them. Roald said he would think about it, and after a week he answered, but now Roger wasn’t interested and said “ Well, we’ll just have to write it ourselves”.

What would the movie be if Roald Dahl wrote it?

Roger and Gerald tried to write some of it themselves, but then later brought in Alan Parker.


“When the tiger broke free” was written to this movie: The scene in the movie was written for the song. This song and clip from the film, of course is about Eric Fletcher Waters. When the boy in the movie found the letter from the army, that really happened to Roger. His mother had been taking care of the letters.
The right casting for Pink was vital: Bob Geldof wasn’t the first choice and, in any case, didn’t want the part but in the end it was difficult to imagine how we could have cast a better Pink. He assumed the character of Pink with astonishing commitment.

Pink as young and grown up

Alan Parker says: Roger was at one point thinking of playing Pink. I think that, in a way, the character was probably rather close to him. By choosing Bob Geldof it gave it a freshness and a new life that I think was very important.

Bob Geldof as Pink

Roger says: I think Bob was very good in this. When he was offered the role, he was in a taxi with his manager and said ‘I’m not interested, I hate Pink Floyd’, and his manager said ‘I think it’ll be good for your career, you should at least consider it’, but he was completely disinterested. What he didn’t know was that the taxi driver was my brother! So I know this story to be true. Anyway, I mentioned this to Bob later and he owned up. And why wouldn’t he, he’s got nothing to hide. Not everyone can be a Pink Floyd fan. And Bob certainly isn’t.


When Pink has been shaving all of his body hair

Here's a few clips from the film that I'm a big fan of! (I do of course love the entire film, but there are some scenes I'm really fond of! Enjoy, and have a wicked evening!

Empty spaces and What shall we do now
 I LOOOOVE THE FLOWERS! My next tattoo will be of this flowers!

Nobody home

The trial


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar