søndag 13. mai 2012

Hey you

Woah, second song from "The Wall" in a row. I'm crazy today! Well, the reason why I chose to write about this song is that I am watching a live film from "The Wall" concert in Sydney earlier this year, and on the part where they sing "Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all", Roger is singing with this extra voice! It's really hard to explain what I mean about that, but I'll try to get a short clip of it! If I can't find anything, I'll just put the video of the entire show, and write what time in the gig I am refering to!


The song is written, like the most of the songs on the album, by Roger Waters. "Hey you" is the first song on cd 2. What a wonderful way to start up the second part of the album!! It might have been the song that I've missed out on almost every time, during the 8 times I've seen the show. The reason - I've been starstrucked in the hospitality room! Anyway, even though I've missed out the beginning of the song, we've been able to see the last part of the song. This song is the first song after the wall is complete. The entire band is behind the wall, and all you can see is a bunch of bricks! At one time, the wall is 'opening' and there is all dark until this haunted 'person' (maybe it's Pink.. But which one's Pink???) comes running and then is smashing the 'screen', before the wall is closing up.. FREAKING AMAZING!!

Not from the song "Hey you", but it's the same creature!

Back to the song! The metaphor of worms is used to represent all of the hundreds of uncertainties gnawing away at Pink's brain. As we can hear in the midle of the song, they put in a noise of a million insect buzzing in Pink's brain. Nasty, I know, but you see the picture! As I said before, Pink is now behind the wall. He is behind the wall symbolically, and he is locked in a hotel room with a broken window that looks out onto the freeway. Within his mind, "Hey you" is a cry of help to the rest of the world. But it's too late.. Pink is singing to himself. As Roger Waters said: "It's not good crying for help if you are sitting in the room all on your own, and saying it to yourself".

The Wall is complete!

So this is the time where I put out the video and some lyrics, and wish you all a wonderful evening!!

Yay, I found  a clip from a gig in Australia!! Hope ya'll like the part where they sing "Hey you, don't tell me theres no hope at all", as much as I do. It's so brilliant!! Two wonderful voices on the top of each other! LOVELY!!

Hey you, out there in the cold
Getting lonely, getting old 
Can you feel me?
Hey you, standing in the aisles
With itchy feet and fading smiles 
Can you feel me?
Hey you, dont help them to bury the light
Don't give in without a fight.

Hey you, out there on your own
Sitting naked by the phone 
Would you touch me?
Hey you, with you ear against the wall
Waiting for someone to call out 
Would you touch me?
Hey you, would you help me to carry the stone?
Open your heart, I'm coming home.

But it was only fantasy.
The wall was too high, 
As you can see.
No matter how he tried, 
He could not break free.
And the worms ate into his brain.

Hey you, standing in the road
always doing what you're told, 
Can you help me?
Hey you, out there beyond the wall,
Breaking bottles in the hall, 
Can you help me?
Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar