torsdag 31. mai 2012

See Saw

Another time, another day


"See Saw" is from the album 'A saucerful of secrets'. It's one of few songs written by Richard Wright. He is also singing the song. I am a big fan of Richard Wright, and I'll always will be (may him rest in peace!). Sometimes I catch myself wonder if he's Pink... (which ones Pink..)


Richard Wright


Richard Wright later said about his early Pink Floyd contributions:
"They're sort of an embarrassment. I don't think I've listened to the song ever since we recorded it. It was a learning process. I learned that I'm not a lyric writer, for example. But you have to try it before you find out."
Well said mister, but I do not agree! I think the song is amazing and it features some of the really good and crazy Pink Floyd sound and lyrics. That's why I sometimes think that he's Pink. I feel that he follows the same directions in music as Syd. I reckon they would have come up with lots of great stuff together, as co-writers, if Syd was not a bif fan of LSD.. After Syd left, Roger was getting the role as a kind of leader, and even though Rick got to try to write something himself, I can't help at wonder if he would be able to write even more if Syd was still in the band after their first album.?


From 'Live at Pompeii' during the song "Echoes"


Whaterver people think, I really like this song. When I'm relaxing or just walking around, the song is amazing to slow down my minds to. The song is slow, easy lyrics and harmonical voices. What is there not to like? Nothing I tell you! And if you don't like it, I would like to hear your reason. I'm always wering my Pink Floyd glasses, and the world is a better place thanks to the music. Therefor, it would be interesting to listen to other peoples point of view.




We all miss you Richard Wright! You were a brilliant, fantastic and amazing man! You will live forever through your music! Shine on you crazy dioamond!

Here's the song and lyrics! Have a great evening.





Marigolds are very much in love
But he doesn't mind
Picking up sister
He makes his way in to the see-saw land
All the way up she smiles
She goes up while he goes down, down

Sits on a stick in the river
Laughter in his sleep
Sister's throwing stones hoping for a hit
He doesn't know, so then
She goes up while he goes down, down
Another time, another day

A brother's way to leave
Another time, another day, day, day, day

She's selling plastic flowers on a Sunday afternoon
Picking up weeds
She hasn't got time to care
All can see he's not there
She grows up for another man, and he's down
Another time, another day
A brother's way to leave
Another time, another day, day, day, day

Another time, another day
A brother's way to leave

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar