mandag 18. juli 2016

David Gilmour live in Verona - Part 2

This morning we slept in for a while. It's been 5 days where I had to get up early due to travelling or sightseen, but this morning - I wanted to sleep a bit longer. Not the easiest thing to do in a warm room, but I got to rest up quite nicely. We went out to grab something to eat, and found Philippe and Matthijs, so we joined them for a late breakfast/early lunch. Matthijs was going back home today, so it was nice with a last catch up with him. After we ate, me and Ole walked around for a bit, and then we met Nick and Csilla. We hung out with them for a while, before they went shopping.

Stiking a pose! Beautiful bridge in the background


Me and Ole bought some cold to drink and sat down on the grass in a very small park. When Nick and Csilla was done shopping, we walked over to a cafe near their hotel. We sat here for a while, and whilst sitting there - Ole went away for a while, talking on the phone. It turned out he had called SAS airlines and changed his return ticket! He was supposed to go back to Norway one day before me. But he changed it so I didn't had to go to Milano by myself! Too kind! After a few beers, we joined them over to their hotel. It turned out they had a swimming pool! So we walked over, bought some more to drink, and had a nice chat.

Ole rocks! Stays one extra day in Italy!! (Pic from Pompeii)

Todays pre-meet up was at 6, since the concert were to start at 9. Me and Ole headed over to the meet-up place around 5.30. We met up with the others, and bought some food. I started to get exited again for going to another show! I was planning to see 3 shows in Italy, but this would be my 4th.
This day I had my first pizza since I came to Italy (exept one slice I bought at a train station). Good pizza, but I must say - I'm more of a pasta person.
So we sat here enjoying our food and drinks. Kevin was walking around trying to upgrade some tickets, but with no luck. It was getting closer to the show, and Kevin asked if I wanted to wait a bit longer to see if he would get better tickets. I was fine with the same tickets as the day before, and I got to go and see the show with Philip again.

Again, ignore the facial expression

What a fun group of people!

Spot the gril with the yellow-ish dress


Same procedure as last night, we went in the same gate and found the same places as last night. Well, no seats were available, so we sat just behind where we sat yesterday. This evening we managed to piss off quite a few Italians. I had no idea what they were saying, cause they did not speak English at all. Philip did his best to calm them down, and after they moved around a bit, and we bought them a few beers, it seemed like it was all good.
So now we were trying to enjoy the show. Which is not so hard. Just needed to make the Italians happy first. The show was great today as well. "Us and them" was off the setlist again, and "Great gig" was back. Small changes, but still keeps us alert.

Almost same seats as night before


When the intermission started, we were wondering if we should move and sit somewhere else, or stay in the same spot. We ended up moving about, and suddenly we were all the way down at the floor! I had never expected to be all the way down there. So we walked around for a bit, and when the show was about to start, we went to the back and found a few seats.We sat down, but knew we might move if the people were to return to their seats. And after a few minutes, they did. Then we walked up a few steps and sat on the stairs. It was the perfect view! The stage was straight forward. On the second part of the show, I found my favoruites to be "Fat old sun" (as always), "Coming back to life" and of course "The girl in the yellow dress". And yes, I had a yellow-ish dress on today as well. The song is just not the same without the dress. Before London, I will go search for a canary yellow dress! Going all in!

Happy happy happy


During second half of the show, we sat here and enjoyed the show. It was a special show, since we knew it would be the last show in a while. The next one will be in London in the end of September. I never wanted this evening to end. Had such a good time! It was all so perfect.
During "Run like hell", I had to step out for a bathroom break. I was sure I wouldn't be able to get back into this area without a valid ticket, but that was a risk I had to take. We had quite a few beers! Anyways, I told Philip I would try and find him if I could manage to get all the way down to the floor again!
Good thing was, they actually had a few toilets inside the venue, so I didn't have to show my tickets. I ran back in to the venue, and looked for Philip. He saw me, and came down the stairs. Then we went as close to the stage as we could get. And we were standing here for the last 3 songs, dancing like two crazy people.

After the show. Happy, but aslo a bit sad it's over


After the show ended, we headed towards the exit. Several times I had to turn my head to get a last glance of the beautiful venue that had given me such a good time.
We went out to meet up with the others, but didn't sit long before we had to walk around the stadium to see if there could be any ticket stumps left or something. We found some posters. Well, I say we. It was Philip who found loads of different concert related stuff. He always seems to find things and just bring it along. So I felt my moment had come. I saw a piece of paper hanging on one of the gates, and I went to get it! Such a rush!
After this we headed over to see if we could catche a glimpse of Gilmour leaving the venue. All I saw was a black car with dark windows. It could have been his. It could also be someone elses.

After show drinks

With the beautiful venue in the background


This evening we were out quite late. When the restaurant we had pre-drinks at wanted us to leave, we managed to find a place that was still open. This was at 3 in the night. And we ordered large beers. Little did I know they sold 1 litre beer... But we had such a good time after the show as well. The night had been magical, and none of us wanted it to end.
I finished my beer with good help from Ole, and then we walked back to the hotel to get a few hours of sleep.

Look what Philip gave me!! 

Those beers were huge! When I drink with both hands - it's time to go home!

But I was not alone with the huge beer :D 
Fantastic people!!

Philippe got to pose with a sign as well




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar