torsdag 4. april 2013

Bring the boys back home



I will start with an apology! My exams will be starting in a month, and I had easter holiday visiters, so I have my resons for being absent from this blog. I've not been capable of finding enough time. It might be that I'm only able to write here a few times a month, but from june 4th, I'm done with all my exams and I'll be ready to start focus on my biggest interest, music and Pink Floyd.



Today I've been listening to "The Wall", again, and I felt like listening to 'Bring the boys back home' a few times. There is somthing so powerful and amazing about this song! For an untrained Pink Floyd ear, I'm sure it wont be fun listening to, but if you'd seen the movie "The Wall" and maybe atend one of Roger Waters live shows for the last years, the song is getting into a whole new level.

From the movie "The Wall"


You probably all know that this song is from cd 2 on the 1979 album "The Wall". But it is always important to mention if there were some new readers who have just discovered Pink Floyd. This song is one of Waters many masterpieces, and I feel that the entire song is reflecting on that man. Roger Waters lost his father in WWII, and there are lots of conections between Roger and his personal life in this album.

From the movie "The Wall"


Roger Waters in an interview about 'Bring the boys back home':
The central song on the whole album is, Bring the boys back home because it has the most to do with me, because it's partly about not letting people go off and be killed in wars. But it is also partly about not alowing rock and roll, or making cars, or selling soap, or anything become such an important and jolly boy's game that it becomes more important than friends, wives, children, and other people. That is a very, very little vauge song, and that's why I like it.





As a Roger Waters girl (always been, always will), I feel that he has a good point of every song he'd made. That might, of course, be exept the early albums. There is actually hard to find interviews with him about song from the early days, but every interview I've seen, he's been great! Can't wait to see him live in just 4 months! It is quite special on the live show during 'Bring the boys back home'. There are pictures on the wall of poor children and men going to war, and with these pictures, there are words coming up as well. These words were once said by Dwight D.Eisehower:
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

Well, I'm soon off to uni again, so that'll be all for today. Enjoy the song and have a wonderful day

The original



From a live show

Bring the boys back home
Bring the boys back home
Don't leave the children on their own
Bring the boys back home

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar