torsdag 25. august 2011

Coming back to life

This is a really beautiful song made by Pink Floyd, after Roger Waters went solo, and it's from the album "The division bell". The song is written by David Gilmour, and is actually a love poem to his wife Polly Samson. How romantic! For example when he sings: "The things you say and the things you do surround me" and "dangerous but irresistible pastime", he is referring to sex. This is confirmed by David. (Vance).

David in the early years

Funny fun-facts!! That's why I love Pink Floyd books! You can find all these things about the band, and it's not things that all your friends will know anything about.

This song has been one of my favourites (of the songs made after Roger left), but still, I didn't listen to it much two years ago! There was this cover band who opened my eyes for this song, and the cover band is a band every Pink Floyd fans need to check out! The band is called "The Australia Pink Floyd Show", so just check out when they are playing in a town near you ;)
Here is a clip from the show where they played this lovely song:

Just listen to the beautiful voice, and the amazing guitar play!! This band is really really good! Too bad they're not coming to Norway this year, but I'm crossing my fingers that they'll be here soon :)

I really do like Pink Floyds work, also after Roger Waters, but the craziness is missing. The songs are so beautiful, and the songs really touch you're heart. But I can't feel the crazyness. But that's all right :) As long as I'm switching from David's Pink Floyd to Roger's Pink Floyd, I'll get the best of both worlds!
Pink Floyd without Roger

It's soon time for bed, so I'll put the original version of the song, and the lyrics as well, so you all can get a good night sleep after listening to this fantastic song!


Video from the gig in 1994.. Oh how I wish I were there <3 Maybe I was too young, but it would have been a great start as a Pink Floyd fan

Where were you when I was burned and broken
While the days slipped by from my window watching
Where were you when I was hurt and helpless
Because the things you say and the things you do surround me
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard
I was staring straight into the shining sun

Lost in thought and lost in time
While the seeds of lifeand the seeds of change were planted
Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the waiting had begun
And headed straight..into the shining sun

I also want to dedicate this song to my lovely boyfriend, who made my life so much better <3 Love you babe!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar