lørdag 5. juli 2014

New Pink Floyd album

Yes, the big seacret is out. I had no idea, so I was quite shocked when I found out today. Due to migraine, I was not able to read much about it until later this day. At first I thought it was a joke, and started feeling sick of all the different rumours around the band. New reunion. Concerts. Etc. There are told many lies. But this one is not a lie. Which is amazing!! I'm getting very exited.

with that smile - it have to be good!


The album will be released in october, so I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that the album will be good and that I like it. As far as I understand it, it's mostly just a David Gilmour album, but there will be materials from Richard Wright as well. If Nick Mason is in it too, I don't know. I doubt it. But I'v heard that Roger Waters won't be joining.

I would love a new album from these three guys.


It feels quite strange that there will be a new Pink Floyd album. Especially if it's only one from the band who is making it. I guess he still can use the name, but if none of the others are participating, maybe he should use it as a solo album?! But who am I to tell. It might be a brilliant idea. I know I am exited, but of course, also a bit sceptical. It's been 10 years since the last album, "The Division Bell". That turned out to be a great album. So I'll just hope the next one will be good too!

It's gonna be strange with a Pink Floyd album without this lovely man and his super talents on keyboard/piano/vocals...


The name of the album is said to be "The Endless River". This is a line from "High Hopes" from the "The Division Bell" album. I think that Polly Samson - Gilmours wife, has played a big part on the abum as well. It was actually her tweet who let me know about this new coming album. That should be a reliable source. Also, one of the backgrounds singers also confirmed that the album is going to happen.



So then we'll just have to wait and see what we'll get in october. I will try and not get too high hopes of a new masterpiece, but I would love it!

'Please, let it be good'!


Wishing you all a great weekend with loads of Pink Floyd music. And here is a song for you to enjoy this saturday evening. Great animation to it as well.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar