tirsdag 29. juli 2014

News to my Pink Floyd collection

Last saturday I sent my boyfriend on a party. At this party he talked a bit about Pink Floyd to someone, and this one guy said he had some Pink Floyd cd's he never listened to anymore. So he was wondering if I wanted them. I thought it was a joke, until he showed up at our door yesterday. Santa Claus actually showed up!

I'm a lucky duck!


I wasn't sure what I was getting, so it was a big surprise. I got some texts that saturday about what it was, but the message was hard to understand.
What I got was a "Syd Barrett - Crazy diamond" - The complete recordings. So it was a box containing the three Syd Barrett solo albums - "The Madcap Laughs", "Barrett" and "Opel". I actually just owned one of these records before, so now I have them all. In the box, there was also a 24 page book and all the cd's include bonus tracks! My Syd Barrett collection is getting better, and I love it!

My two new treasures

Inside the Syd Barrett box


The other thing I gt was a limited box edition of "Atom Heart Mother" with a 24 page booklet. As you probably know, that is one of my all time Pink Floyd favourite album! So I can't get enough of it. The cd is called "Atom Heart Mother - goes on the road" and it's a limited edition. My cd is a collectors label limited edition of 1500 numbered copys. My cd is number 990. I can't believe it! I am one of 1500 with this album. I feel honoured!

Number 990 of 1500!!


There are two discs in this cd. 
Disc one:
1: Embryo
2: Green is the colour
3: Careful w/ that axe E.
4: If
5: Atom heart mother 
( a. fathers shout. b. breast milky. c. mother fore. d. funky dung. e. mind your throats please. f. remergence)

Disk two:
1: Fat old sun
2: One of these days
3: Echoes

What's inside the "Atom Heart Mother" box


As you can see, it's filled with great treats!
So thank you Santa Claus who helped me get my Pink Floyd collection even better! 

It feels like my birthday!!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar