onsdag 26. mars 2014

Outside the wall

After I wrote the blog about "The Wall" live in Paris, it felt like a closure. It's been hard for me to realize that I won't be able to see that show again - most likely. So after I got thi closure, I've been listening to "The Wall" album - a lot. When I was listening through the album last weekend, I realized that it's been such a long time since I listened through the whole original album. What I've been doing after the tour started, is listening to the live album "Is there anybody out there?" or I've watched and listened to clips from Roger Waters live shows on youtube. So I got a bit surprised while listening through the original album from 1979.



When Roger Waters and his band performed "Outside the wall" on the 2010-3013 tour, you have all kinds of different music instruments and loads of singers. It made it sounds so happy and cheerful. On the album, this song is very quiet and low, so I always have to turn up the volume. But it's still great, it's just so different from the live version. It's also very quiet in "The Wall" the movie, so the live version stands out as different. But I have never heard a version of this song that I didn't like!



I really have a love/hate relationship with this song. I love it because it's great and wonderful, but I hate it everytime it starts - because then I know the show, live concert, movie or album is almost over. It always made me sad, during the three years I travelled around theworld to see the live show. When they played this song, I knew it was almost over, and many of the times, I wasn't sure if I would ever got to see it again. I get some of the same feelings while just listening to the original album. The album is just so great, I never want it to end. BUT, it's the very best 'last song' on the album! The wall is down and the song reflects a better time coming. It's cheerful and hopeful.


What a wonderful moment <3


The song is of course a song by Roger Waters, and on the original album we can hear an angelic children's choir contrasted by Roger's almost spoken lyrics.He actually does much the same on the concert, only without the children, but with the rest of the band singing and playing along.

Great album! That's all I got to say!


I will put in one live clip and one clip from the original album underneath. 
Enjoy!  

From the show David Gilmour and Nick Mason joined in on.



All alone, or in two's,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists 
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall.

"Isn't this where...."

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar