lørdag 29. mars 2014

Money

Yesterday, when I was walking home from my schoolplacement, I felt such a reliefe that it was weekend, so I put on "Dark side of the moon" album. Wow, "Breathe" made me relax so much and I really enjoyed listening to this album. It's been a while - since I've listened through the album. When the song "Money" started, I almost felt like dancing!

Cheers! - It's weekend!


This song have always had a big place in my heart. I've liked the song since the first time I was listening to it. I think it's the first Pink Floyd song I learned the lyrics to (maybe beside "Another brick in the wall pt.2"). After I learned the lyrics, I could not stop singing it. The song is from "Dark side of the moon", which was the first Pink Floyd album I got addicted to. Had to listen to it all the time.

My lovely tattoo


In the beginning of my love for "DSOTM", "Money" was my favourite song from the album. And I can really understand why, because it's brilliant and so smart. After some years I found myself a new favourite song on the album, but that's ok. I will always love the entire album, and maybe the songs I say is my favourites, maybe there I have other favourites. It's so bloody hard to choose favourite album, favourite song etc!



"Money" is a song by Roger Waters, and we get the wonderful sax playing by Dick Parry - an old Cambridge mate of David Gilmour. It's David's voice we hear on the song, and it's very nice. His song is perfect for this kind of song. I also love Richard Wright's keyboard playing on this song. Sounds so happy and partly whimsical - but brilliant at the same time.

Dick Perry - number 4 from left

The track has selfexplantory lyrics about the evils of greed and rock-star wealth. Waters certainly saw some of the songs on this LP as being about the lately departed Barrett. The rythmically-sequenced loop of the cash-till sound effects gives the song a lot of it's bite. And a touch of irony in as much as record store cash registers around the world would soon be ringing up millions of sales to it's tune.

won some money on a casion last summer - since I'm already talking about money ;)


I actually bought myself a bass guitar, so I would be playing the same instrument as my God, Roger Waters. And also because I really wanted to learn how to play this song on the bass. "Money" was the first song I learned to play on the bass, but I never got the hang of playing and singing at the same time. So I have to do one thing at the time.

slappin' the bass


Funny story, I went to Greece in 2008 with some friends, and me and my childhood friend went to a karaoke bar, where I actually sang this song. In front of people. Without being drunk. It's a good memorie, and I love that Pink Floyd was my first choise of songs to sing at a karaoke bar at the age of 17/18. Hopefully the people liked it, and went straight home to listen to the wonderful music!



Well, enjoy, and listen to the original clip underneath.
Wishing you all a wonderful and amazing weekend!



Money, get away 
Get a good job with more pay 
And your O.K. 

Money, it's a gas 
Grab that cash with both hands 
And make a stash 

New car, caviar, four star daydream 
Think I'll buy me a football team 

Money get back 
I'm all right Jack 
Keep your hands off my stack 

Money, it's a hit 
Don't give me that 
Do goody good bullshit 

I'm in the hi-fidelity 
First class traveling set 
And I think I need a Lear jet 

(Sax and guitar solos) 

Money, it's a crime 
Share it fairly 
But don't take a slice of my pie 

Money, so they say 
Is the root of all evil 
Today 

But if you ask for a rise 
It's no surprise that they're 
Giving none away 
Away 
Away 
Away 
Away... 

"Hu Huh! I was in the right!" 
"Yes, absolutely in the right!" 
"I certainly was in the right!" 
"You was definitely in the right. That geezer was cruising for a bruising!" 
"Yeah!" 
"Why does anyone do anything?" 
"I don't know, I was really drunk at the time!" 
"I was just telling him, he couldn't get into number 2. He was asking 
Why he wasn't coming up on freely, after I was yelling and 
Screaming and telling him why he wasn't coming up on freely. 
It came as a heavy blow, but we sorted the matter out"


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar