onsdag 27. juni 2012

In the flesh. Live

This is a really good live dvd. I've been watching it for years now, and I never get sick of it. The first time I watched it was with my parents I reckon. And yes, they brought me up well!! The last time we saw it together (or the last time I remember very well, was a few years ago), we sat on my parents terrace, drinking some beer and wine, and were enjoying the wonderful music! I remember this night very well, because it was the night my mother noticed how much interest I had in the music. She was impressed by how I could all the lyrics. That made me so happy! My parents were the only ones I really could listen to the music with. I had no friends with the same passion.

The cover

What I love about facebook, is that there are so many really good Pink Floyd pages, that posts wonderful pictures, links and films. The last film a page posted, was a film from behind the scenes to In the flesh. Oh my, what a wonderful clip.. I am a big fan of Andy F. Low, the guitar player in the light brown suit. I've only seen him on the live dvd, and on my first Roger Waters concert. He seems like such a nice guy, and on this clip, he seems even nicer then I thought. I don't know why, but he was a smiling and calm looking guy. On this clip he seems so funny, and it lookied like he was the guy Roger liked to bully a bit.

Andy Fairweather Low


I will recommand everybody to get the hold of this dvd and watch it!! It'f bloody amazing. And you have all the great songs there. My favourite song on this dvd must be Perfect sense, cause the way P.P Arnold sings, could make every eye wet. She's got the most powerful female voice (after Clare Torry of course).
And my 'good' friend Snowy White is also on this live dvd, and he is, as we all know, a brilliant guitar player. Roger know how to pick his men (and women) to performe on his gigs!

P.P Arnold

Jon Carin

Graham Broad

Doyle Bramhall II

Katie Kissoon

Snowy White (and ME!!!!!)

Susannah Melvion

Love the funny scene when Roger talks about finding someone to play the sax on his show, and that he don't want to find someone who will follow them on the tour, but audition for a new one for every gig. Sounds fun! If Dick Perry wasn't playing with David Gilmour, he would have been a great choice!!

Take yourself the time to watch this. It's amazing, and you'll have a laught, as well as you might learn something new!



Have a wondeful evening, you wonderful people


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar