søndag 18. september 2011

A pillow of winds

Another lovely songs from the fantastic album "Meddle". This album is full of great songs, which I havent listen to in a while. Today my boyfriend played this song from his phone, and we both fell asleep. It's such a cosy and warm song, and you picture yourself on a beach while listening to it. The song is not one of the most famous songs from Pink Floyd, and that's what I love about it! It's a hidden treasure.


Sometimes I wish there were a PF tribiute band who played all the hidden treasures from Pink Floyd, and not just all the most known songs, even though, as long as it's Pink Floyd music, I wont complaine ;)
The song is actually one of PF few love songs. Many people believe that many songs are love songs like "Wish you were here". Well, it's not!
The name of the song "A pillow of winds" came from a mah-jong game while Roger and Nick were on vacation with their wifes. Don't ask me how they came up whit the name after a game.

The cover to "Medle"

Here's the lyrics as well

The cloud of eiderdown draws around me
softening the sound
sleepy time when I lie with my love by my side
and she's breathing low, and the candle dies

When night comes down you lock the door
the book falls to the floor
as darkness falls and waves roll by
the seasons changed, the wind is warm

Now wakes the owl, now sleeps the swan
behold the dream, the dream is gone
green fields, a cold rain
is falling in a golden dawn

and deep beneath the ground the early morning sounds
and I go down
sleepy time when I lie with my love by my side
and she's breathing low and I rise like a bird
in the haze when the first rays touch the sky
and the night winds die


If you have any problems to fall asleep in the night, listen to this song, and it will help.

Good night everybody!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar