mandag 27. oktober 2014

Planet Parker - live @ Chevys

October 17th, I went to see a local Pink Floyd cover band here in Stavanger. I was working till 23.30 and then I had to run to get to Chevys - which is a pretty good place to be. They usually have focus on rock and good music. My friend Linn met me at work, so we walked down to city centre together, and then we met my boyfriend Sam outside the club. When we got there, the warm-up band was still playing. Well, they played the end of the last song when we got down the stairs. So we bought ourselves a beer and found a table. After a while, the band started to play. I was quite tired after work, but as soon as they started to play, I was wide awake!

Sam, Linn & myself


I've met most of the people in the band before, so it was so much fun to see them performe live again. It's been about a year since I saw them the last time. They had two new members in the band, and it was their first live performance. They had a new guy on keyboard and a new girl on vocal.
Me and my friends found a table close to the stage and enjoyed the show with a few beers.




It was a fairly short gig, but after talking to the band members after the show, I got to know that not everything worked as good as it should. They felt themselves that it wasn't a good gig, but I tried to make them realise that it was a great gig. I had so much fun, and they are all so great musicians. I'm so glad some people in this county, performe the music I love the most.

Me and some of the band members


The bands new members did a great job, and the old members were good as always. I had such a great time! If I could change anything, I would change the location. At Chevys, the stage is placed a bit strange. It's placed between the bathrooms and the bar, so if people are going to one of these places, they have to walk in front of the audience. The place is also quite big, so there were a few people who was there - not to see the show. So they were standing in the background, shooting pools and talking. So that was a bit of a distraction for us who was there for the show. Other then that, I was quite pleased about the night.



The band played loads of great songs. My favourites was "Sheep", "Any colour you like", "Have a cigar", "Astronomy Domine" and "Learning to fly". Some of these are rarely played by live bands. "Learning to fly" is not rarely performed, but I just love the way Planet Parker performe this song! One of the bacground vocals are singing a small solo towards the end of the song,  and she did a hell of a good job. Gave me goosebumps! I'm not the biggest fan of people trying to make something 'new' out of a Floyd song, or do something different. But this really worked!

Loads of cred's to this girl


I got to talk to the band about upcoming gigs. They told me that they would have a big show early next year. Other then that, I do hope they will have a few more gigs in Stavanger before next year. They are such a great band and it's so great to know about a band, this close, that play my favourite music.

Me and some of the band members


All in all, I really enjoyed the show, and I really can't wait for the next gig! Shine on!
Thanks guys!

Foggy stage

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar