torsdag 2. oktober 2014

The Endless River - Still waiting

For most of you, this is no news. But the release of Pink Floyd's fifteenth studio album is on the way. The album will be released 7th of november, or a few days earlier. That album will be the first album in 20 years! Wow, 20 years since the release of "The Division Bell". The time really is going by fast.

The cover 


I've been reading loads about this release, and it seems like may people out there still think that Roger Waters will be a part of the album. That, of course, is not the case. Roger quit the band in 1985. Yes, they had a small reunion in 2005 during live8, but they never got back together as a band. Roger Waters is working on his own album, and he finished touring around the world with "The Wall" a year ago. So there are no connections there.



I am not sure if I would have wanted Roger to join in the album, if there would be a possibility. For me, the original Pink Floyd era is over, and I think they are doing it quite great on their own as well. The last two Pink Floyd album that was released, did not involve Roger, so it would not be natural for me to have him joining the band again. After so many years! It's almost 30 years since he left the band. And if they were to do something again (Roger, David and Nick), I think they should rather go on a tour and play the good old classics. Not make something new.



I really am quite exited about the new album. I think it might be very good. But I've always had some problems liking albums right away. They have to prove themselves worthy to me. So even if it's Pink Floyd, my all time favourite, "The endless river" have to make itself worthy.



The track listing is put up like this: Side 1, 2, 3 and 4. In total there are 18 songs, and you have music to listen to for almost 43 minutes. I guess I'm most exited about Richard Wright's swansong. He was such a musical genious, and since not everything could make it to an album, there must be many great treasures left for us fans to discover.



All in all, I am very exited, and I can't wait to listen to it. I will go and buy it as soon as it's released, and then there will of course be a new blog update. I probably want to share my opinion once again.
This is exiting stuff. New Pink Floyd album. Bring it on!

Thumbs up! And please let it be good!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar