mandag 20. august 2012

Let there be more light

We're going back to 1968 when the album "A saucerful of secrets" was released. It's Pink Floyds second album and the first one with both David Gilmour and Syd Barretts guitar play on! I reckon this album is one of the best. It got it all. The craziness is there and there are lots of experimenting with sounds and instruments.

Four brilliant men!


The song that I am referring to today is the first song on the album. It's the opening song. And by being the opening song, the standard is alredy set for the rest of the album. I think "Let there be more light" is wonderful. I play bass myself (just a hobby.. I'm not good!), and the song starts of with some bass playing, before the rest of the instruments sets in.

Posing in a garden.


The song is written by Roger Waters, who became a leader after Syd had to go. Richard Wright is the first one to sing, while Roger Waters is whispering. David Gilmour sings the chorus. I love how their wonderful voices is so perfect in the same song. It's some of the things that I love about the band. Sometimes the song is sung by the same member all the way through, but when they 'split' it like this and get two different voices, it is bloody amazing! Nick rarely sings, but both Roger and Rick has the 'same' type of voices while David got this wonderful, heavenly voice which makes every dark song amazing. I am so amazed by their voices. AND this song, so here's a video of the song! Enjoy and have a lovely monday evening :0))

Love the french talking in the beginning. The person sounds so amazed!

Far, far, far away - way 
People heard him say - say 
I will find a way - way 
There will come a day - day 
Something will be done. 

Then at last the mighty ship 
Descending on a point of flame 
Made contact with the human race 
at Mildenhall 

Now, now, now is the time - time 
Time to be - be - be aware 

Carter's father saw him there and 
Knew the road revealed to him 
The living soul of of Hereward the Wake

Oh, my, something in my eye - eye 
Something in the sky - sky 
Waiting there for me 

The outer lock rolled slowly back 
The service men were heard to sigh 
For there revealed in glowing robes 
Was Lucy in the sky 

Oh - oh - did you ever know - know 
Never ever will they 
I cannot say 

Something in his cosmic art 
And glowing slightly from his toes 
His psychic emanations flowed



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar