onsdag 7. oktober 2015

David Gilmour live at Royal Albert Hall - Part II

London - what a beautiful city!



Friday morning I got up around 8 and headed straight down to eat breakfast. The others slept for a bit longer, but when they got up, one by one, they joined me. It was a simple breakfast with toast, orange juice and tea. Whilst eating we tried to figure out what the opening hours to Primark was.

After shopping at Primark. We were matching!


After the breakfast we went to the room to change and then we headed down to Oxford Street and Primark. Me and my sister lost sight of Sam and Nikolai quite early. I think we spent about 20 minutes on the first 5 metres in the store. We walked inside the store for over two hours. I'm not a shopping person, but when I'm at Primark that's all different. Later we met up with Sam and Nikolai again to eat lunch. We walked by the hotel to drop of our stuff so we didn't need to walk around with all the bags from the shopping.



KFC was the place to eat today. We don't have KFC in Norway, so I have to buy something there when I go on holiday to a country where they do have KFC. When we finished eating, we went looking for a place to buy dessert and beer, but ended up at the hotel again. So we sat here for a while, looking through our new stuff bought at Primark, and then we started to get ready for the show!



My parents came up to our room so we could all plan when to meet and how to get to the pub. My dad wanted to walk to the pub. Me and Sam joined him, and we all headed towards Hyde Park. We had such a lovely walk in the sunshine. Too bad it was only a 40 minute walk from the hotel to the pub. I could have been walking in Hyde Park for hours.




When we arrived at the pub, we didn't see anyone from the night before, so we went downstairs to find somewhere to sit. Not too long after, my mother, sister and Nikolai arrived. They didn't want to walk down, so they shared a taxi. We all sat down with something to drink and waited for the rest of the Pink Floyd fans to show up.

Ole, me and Matt


This turned out to be another great afternoon in the pub. There are so many nice Pink Floyd people out there. And it was such a pleasure to meet them all. Today I talked to the people I'd been talking with the day before, but also a few new people. I had so much fun. Wish this group of people lived nearby, so we could meet up in pubs more often, listening to great music and share stories. Well, I guess I can meet some of them if/when Roger or David are goung on a tour again.

Me, Kevin and my dad


Originally, we only had four tickets to the friday show. But my father told me a while ago that he would like to go to the show as well if I should find some tickets. So I posted on facebook that I would be interested in buying a ticket if anyone had an extra. It didn't take long until a facebook friend named Gary (whom I met at the pub on thursday!), told me he knew about someone with a spare ticket. So he started a chat on fb between the three of us. And this was how I started talking to Laura, a very nice girl from California. She was going all the way to London to see the show, and she wanted to sell me the ticket! So we kept in touch until that friday - the day of the show.

Carlos and me


The day of the show, we had planned to meet at Paxtons Heads, so I walked around waiting for Laura whilst talking to the other PF fans. And suddenly she showed up - my hero who sold me an extra ticket! We had so much fun together, and we talked like we'd known each other for years. I introduced her to my family and most of the people I talked with at the pub.

Laura and me


Again, we headed over to Rah. We had a fun walk over. My mother joined us, and when we arrived at RAH, she got in a cab and went over to the pub we'd all plan to meet in after the show.
They are quite strict at RAH - ticketwise. The person whose name is on the ticket, have to show an ID at the door. We had 6 tickets with two different names and three different door entries. And my name was on four of the tickets, which meant I had to walk over and stand in line at three doors. Luckily I talked to a security guard - and he talked to someone by a door with no line outside, and told them to let us all in the same door! Problem solved, thanks to a very nice security guard!



We parted ways just inside the venue. My dad and sister went one way, Sam and Nikolai went another, and me and Laura was headed for the top floor. At the top floor there are no seats, so you can stand wherever you want. You could walk around and watch the show from almost every angle. We bought something to drink and then found two good spots to stand in.



The concert was great today too! Really can't choose my favourite show. It's always something special seeing it the very first time. On the other hand you are more prepared on how things are done the second day. It was a good thing to be standing up all the time - you could dance as much as you wanted without blocking the view for anyone. There were also no line to buy drinks or go to the toilet up there. I had so much fun both days. But the people on the top floor the second day could have been dancing/singing more. They just leaned towards the fence, standing all still. But hey - all people enjoys music in different ways!



After the show we met up with a few PF fans outside RAH, and we headed over to a pub called Prince of Wales. It was about a 10 minute walk, and we went inside to meet up with my mun. She had found a cozy corner where we all squeezed in. My parents had one drink before they and my sister got a cab back to the hotel. My parents had to get up early the next day to catch the train to Liverpool. They were going to Anfield to watch Liverpool vs Aston Villa.

Jens, me and Ole


We had such a great time at the pub! Even when the pub closed, we were standing on the outside for a long time. No one wanted to leave, because there were quite a few who were going home the day after. And who knows when we all meet again?

Cheers!

Ole and me - inspired by The Wall


A big thank you to all the wonderful Pink Floyd fans I met during these two days in London! I had a blast talking to every one of you. And I hope meeting you all again!
Shine on!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar