torsdag 7. mars 2013

Burning bridges



After two hectical weeks, I finally found the time to write about my favorite band! As a student you often get a long long list of things to do in a certain amount of time. BUT, during these two weeks, I've been faithful and I've been listening to Pink Floyd every single day.
As I was walking to uni this morning, I had to listen to the song 'Bridges burning' several times. That often means that I haven't been listening to the song for a very very long time!



'Burning bridges' is song number three on the amazing album from 1972, 'Obscured by clouds'. This album has some of the same effects as 'Dark side of the moon' and 'the wall'. You rearly just listen to one song, and then switch to another album, but you want to listen to the album from beginning to end. The songs are fading into each other at some level, and I always get the feeling that something is wrong if I'm only listening to one song, and then I'm changing to another album or another song. Maybe that's just me.



'Burning bridges' is a song written by Roger Waters & Richard Wright. The song is known as a rare Waters/Wright collaboration that provides some welcome contrast featuring a softgentle acoustic interlude (which makes you happy and relaxed every time the song starts to play. The song has this gentle Gilmour/Wright vocal and some tasteful, mournful guitar. There is something so calm and chill about this song, that when I am writing and thinking about the song, it makes me smile.

These men know how to make great music and make a girl smile!


David Gilmour was the lead vocal in the band, but there are not too many songs where the lovely Richard Wright is singing. There is something about Gilmour and Wright's voices together that makes me feel so happy. Their voices are so different, but they are so freaking great together! I reckon all of you, that is reading this blog, have heard 'Echoes'. Just think about how amazing the vocal is, and how great Gilmour and Wright's voices are working together..

DREAMTEAM


As usual, you find a youtube clip of the song and the lyrics below. But I have to warn you, when you are listening to the song, listen extra carefully after 1.15 minutes and around 2.20 minutes. At these times you can hear the wonderful voices of Gilmour and Wright, and how great they work together! It may give you some goosebumps!

Two great men! Too sad that only one of them are still alive.. 

Enjoy the song, and the entire album. The weekend is coming up, and if you are going to relax, like me, put one the cd and enjoy life. 


Bridges burning gladly 
Merging with the shadows, 
Flickering between the lines. 
Stolen moments floating softly on the air, 
Borne on wings of fire and climbing higher. 

Ancient bonds are breaking, 
Moving on and changing sides. 
Dreaming of a new day, 
Cast aside the other way. 
Magic visions stirring, 
Kindled by and burning flames rise in her eyes. 

The doorway stands ajar, 
The walls that once were high. 
Beyond the gilded cage, 
Beyond the reach of ties. 
The moment is at hand. 
She breaks the golden band.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar