tirsdag 12. februar 2013

Ibiza bar



And now, we're going back to the 1969 and the album "More". I've probably written this before, but this album is my least favourite Pink Floyd album. But don't get me wrong! I do not NOT like it, it's just that it is the album that I'm listening the least too. It never 'catched' me like the other album did, but it does have many great songs on it!

They went to Ibiza bar, and wake up, feeling lik this?


"Ibiza bar" is song number 9 on this album and it's a song by David Gilmour, Roger Waters, Nick Mason & Richard Wright. I love the songs were the whole band is a part of the making, even if it's the melody or the lyrics. "Ibiza bar" is a short variation on the theme first heard in "The nile song" and treads very similar ground (which I've wrote about before, as one of my favourite songs on this album - so you all see that this song is high up in the best liked song list for this album).



A thing that I really like about this album and this song, it the heavy and raw guitar playing. David Gilmour really get to show off his skills. His voice is also very suited to songs like "Ibiza bar". It's truly a likable song and with this I'm suggesting that you will all give it a listen before you go to bed. Then you'll go to bed with a smile on your face and automaticly play the air-guitar in your sleep.

Here's the video and the lyrics is to be found beneath the video. Enjoy


I'm so afraid of mistakes that I made 
Taking every time that I wake 
I feel like a cardboard cut-out man 
So give me a time when the characters rhyme and the storyline is kind 
Are days made since the first page 
I've lived every line that you wrote 
Take me down, take me down, from the shelf above your head 
So give me a time when the characters rhyme and the storyline is kind 
And if I live on the shelf like the rest 
And if love bleeds like a sad song 
Please pick-up your camera and use me again 
So give me a time when the characters rhyme and the storyline is kind 
Yea

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar