søndag 17. februar 2013

Fearless



The song 'Fearless' is to be found on the album from 1971, 'Meddle'. This album has been one of my many favourite album for so many years, and especially the song 'Fearless'.


Can some of the lyrics be about Syd? Who knows..


'Fearless' is written by David Gilmour and Roger Waters, and it's song number 3 on the album. Pink Floyd play off the song's strong melody line against the recorded sounded of Liverpool FC fans on the Anfield Kop, chanting their anthem 'You'll never walk alone'. I'm not just a Pink Floyd fan, but also a Liverpool supporter! So this song is the best of both world. What I find a bit strange, is that Roger Waters agreed to use Liverpool's anthem. This was on the time when Roger had taken the lead role in the band, and he is not a Liverpool supporter. He is actually an 'Arsenal' man. So that I find suprising.

Liverpool's greatest guy! We sure miss him!


My favorite line in the song is this one: "Fearlessly the idiot face the crowd, smiling". This line I've often find myself in. As I am the idiot and I'm facing an unwanted crowd, and I'm smiling, pretending that I don't care. There has actually been some speculations about wheather this line might be about their dear friend and ex band member, Syd Barrett. He never liked to be in the spotlight, and therefor the band used all the lasers and light on their concerts, so that the band could 'hide' and just do what they loved, play the music. 






You say the hill's too steep to climb. (climbing)
you say you'd like to see me try. (climbing)
you pick the place and I'll choose the time,
And I'll climb the hill in my own way, just wait a while for the right day
And as I rise above the tree-line in the clouds
I look down hearing the sound of the things you've said today.

Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd,smiling
Merciless the magistate turns round, frowning
And who's the fool who wears the crown
No doubt in your own way
And every day is the right day
And as you rise above the fear-lines in his brow
you look down hear the sound of the faces in the crowd

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar