tirsdag 6. desember 2011

Cymbaline

This is one of my favourite song on the album "More". Not a huge fan of that album, but I really fancy this song, and of course some of the others as well! Roger Waters is the writer behind this wonderful song, and it's sung by David Gilmour. The album was released in 1969.

"More" cover


In the lyrics, there is told the tale of a nightmare, so I will put out the lyrics so you can see for yourself if you agree!
Anyway, what I love about this song is the calmness of it. The sounds are low and the vocals are calm and careful. David Gilmour did a really great job singing this song! When I started to like Pink Floyd, I remembered that I already then choose all the other albums before this one, and it actually took me a couple of years before i started to REALLY listen to it, but still.. There were only a few songs that I liked, and I'm still not a huge fan. It's actually a bit sad. It's not that I don't like it, but it's far from my favourite. I will soon give it another chance!

David Guilmore singing "Cymbaline"


What Tommy Vance means about this song:
The song is a fine example of the quieter more reflective side of Pink Floyd with a memorable and uplifting chorus. Cymbaline is justifiably regarded as one of the four standout tracks on the album. With more time, care and attention this track could really have been developed into something special.

From a live gig 



The path you tread is narrow
And the drop is sheer and very high
The ravens all are watching
From a vantage point nearby
Apprehension creeping
Like a tube-train up your spine
Will the tightrope reach the end
Will the final couplet rhyme

And it's high time, Cymbaline
It's high time, Cymbaline
Please wake me

A butterfly with broken wings
Is falling by your side
The ravens all are closing in
And there's nowhere you can hide
Your manager and agent
Are both busy on the phone
Selling coloured photographs
To magazines back home

And it's high time, Cymbaline
It's high time,
Cymbaline
Please wake me

The lines converging where you stand
They must have moved the picture plane
The leaves are heavy around your feet
You hear the thunder of the train
And suddenly it strikes you
That they're moving into range
Doctor Strange is always changing size

And it's high time, Cymbaline
It's high time, Cymbaline
Please wake me

And it's high time, Cymbaline
It's high time, Cymbaline
Please wake me

This is exactly what I'm thinking when I'm having nightmares.. PLEASE WAKE ME!!! Good night peeps. Sweet dreams!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar